Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Eliana talking about heaven

I promised to write about Eliana's "talks" about Heaven. It is hard to do this objectively , so I will try to literally write down the words she said together with a little context. I have been keeping a diary , so it will be easy to quote her verbatim. Keep in mind that Eliana hardly has been to church the first years of her life . She had to be isolated in order to prevent getting sick.... Here is my first diary entry. Eliana is 2.5 years old . She just started talking . Being bilingual she has a slight speech delay . Amazingly because she is bilingual NOT because of her “ catastrophic” stroke . Since I quote her literally her sentences are 75% in English and about 25% in Dutch. August 10 2012. A few months ago , while taking a shower together Eliana blurts out. “ The doctor didn’t take my “ouwie “ away , but God did ! “ “I was really , really dood ( dead ) and sick. The ghost brought me naar jou ( to you) I was in de hemel ( in heaven) toen ( when ) ik ( I ) was ziekie ( sick ) I had “ouwie” on my arm. She is a nice one ,too. And a bad one. I ate a blauw ( blue) cookie in de hemel ( in heaven ) You and me and daddy always go in heaven.” End quote. She kept talking about the “bad” ghost bringing her back . The bad ghost who was nice,too. I kept asking why she called the ghost bad if she was nice. Suddenly it dawned upon me. I said “ you wanted to stay , didn’t you ?” Then the weirdest solemn look appeared on her face. It seemed she didn’t want to admit . Slowly she nodded her head in a “yes” “Yes, I wanted to stay , but now I am happy to be with mommy and daddy “ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++ August 21 2012 Diary entry. Today Eliana and I were looking at pictures in an angel book . ( first time ever , never really mentioned nor talked about angels ) She pointed at one and said “That’s the wrong color “ ( it was wearing a brown robe ) then she pointed to an angel in white and said “That’s the right one” I asked “ Did you see one like that ?” She pointed to the window. I asked “Outside?” ( didn’t want to put words in her mouth ) She said ” No, in Heaven ” I exclaimed ” I would love to see an angel ,too ! ” Eliana in a soothing voice ” Dat komt wel mama, als je in de hemel bent “ (don’t worry mom that will happen when you are in heaven ) Life with Eliana is amazing. I have never been so whole. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ August 29 2012 Diary Entry This was in the bathtub of course ! I love how she pronounces believe as “bewieve “ ! Just now Eliana asked . “Mum , what do you bewieve ?” Me: What do you mean? Eliana “What you bewieve is who you are and what you need “ +++++++++++++++++++ September 2012 Diary entry Still trembling and shaky and I swear I am speaking the truth although I hardly believe it . Eliana......just put her down to sleep. Sang a Christmas lullaby “Er is een kindeke “ for her since she needed calming down. She is still so excited about her pre school ( a secular Montessori school ) I sang a song about baby Jesus . She doesn’t know him in any other capacity then being a baby. She never went to Sunday school , nor did she ever hear about the crucifixion. ( Just checked with G. our very Christian babysitter ) Suddenly Eliana said. “Jesus is better now” I said “ What do you mean ?” Eliana “He had blood “ I asked “ Where?” Then she told me as serious as she never had been before. “On his feet” “On his hands” “Out of his eyes” And while touching my cheeks “ On his cheeks” My heart started beating super fast. Where did you see that ? Eliana”In heaven” I started crying. Eliana never likes when I cry and almost started crying,too. I stopped immediately. She said” Don’t cry , he is better now!” I asked “Why did Jesus have blood ?” Then Eliana got a smirk on her face and said in a very suave tone “ Oh ,he ? “ “ He was run over by a car ! “ Me : “ Are there cars in heaven ?” Eliana smirking “ Mom , THAT last part was a joke !” +++++++++++++++++++++++++ Nov 4 2012 Before this afternoons concert I was showing Eliana my new very shiny golden glittery stockings . They were as shiny as the the sun . I guess , now I think of it , even a little bit too shiny to be on stage ! :0) Now I quote. Again totally out of the blue. Eliana: “Mama , zijn je panties dood ?” ( Mom ? Are your stockings dead ?) Me; mmm? Why ? Why would they be dead ? Eliana pointing at the glitter “ Because that’s how it is in heaven “ Then , in a soothing voice. “Always bewieve mama , always bewieve ! ” End quote. Isn’t this amazing ? If I had to invent quotes of children about heaven I would never ever even have been able to come up with something like this . Days/weeks/ months go by without any extraordinary sayings of Eliana. Then I think it is all over and then “boom” she floors me again . Eliana was 2 months old when she had the catastrophic stroke and 9 months old when she was on the brink of death ( life support ) for 1.5 days. She was on Ecmo. A device which does all the “pumping “ the heart normally does. She must have had a classic near death experience A NDE when she had no words yet for the “things” she saw and experienced in a wonderful and true “heavenly “ place ! Just a few weeks ago Eliana drew a picture of the blue round “cookie” she saw in heaven. Ever since she was able to talk , she has been talking about these blue round “cookies” of heaven. I will add a photo of the picture Eliana drew. It is so detailed. They certainly don’t look like earthly cookies .. Here is Eliana describing her picture . “Cookie die ik gekregen heb van meneer God in de hemel ( Cookie I got from Mister God in heaven ). He said eat Eliana , eat ! “

No comments:

Post a Comment