Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Saving babies like Eliana

How do I start this journey I am about to make ?
After all that has happened last year ? So much happened that nobody would believe it.
It all started with a prayer. "God ,can you please tell me the name of this baby I am carrying inside ?" My husband and I were expecting our first baby after a painful miscarriage . We had chosen a name for the angel we lost , but couldn't agree on this one.....
Well ; we got an answer and quick ! E-L-I-A-N-A
That's how it was spelled out for me , complete with the dashes.
I am Dutch , so I didn't even know if this actually WAS a name , nor the meaning of it......
When I did some research on the Internet I just about fell of my chair .
It WAS an existing name and it's meaning is;
Eli = my God and Ana = has answered me.
My God has answered me !
And answering my prayers ( and countless prayers of others ) he DID !

In her 13 months of life He helped Eliana survive a catastrophic stroke during a cath procedure and an open heart surgery gone wrong ( she was put on ECMO )
After all of this He led us to the right surgeon , Frank Hanley and a way to get to him half across the country.
We just came back and Eliana is crawling through the house like there is no tomorrow ! :0)

My prayer right now is that He will use this blog to help save babies like Eliana.
If Eliana had been send to the right surgeon from the beginning non of these near fatal scenario's would have happened .......but then I wouldn't be alive. That's a whole other story I will tell you about another time.
You never know why things happen when they happen . Sometimes when you look back you will begin to see , understand.
There are so many things to say and explain. I hardly know where to start.
If you follow this blog , everything will become clear .

No comments:

Post a Comment